I know that it’s already the middle of April, but I still have two weeks left to continue working on my goals for the month. I’ve discovered that I easily get lost in the sea of my to-do list, so I need something to ground me and remind me of the bigger picture.
So here it goes. I’m going to set a couple of goals for the month to help give me a roadmap:
1. Continue experimenting with waking up at 4am.
2. Write on my blog once per week.
3. Do an outside activity with Anya everyday now that the weather is nice.
4. Two nights a week, spend focused, quality time with Rob for at least 20 minutes. (This probably sounds like not very much, but medical school and parenthood don’t offer many opportunities!)
5. Continue toward finishing my online singing course that launches in June.
I’m striving to make these goals clear, actionable, and feasible. I’m a total perfectionist, so if I allow myself, I’ll create goals that are completely unachievable, thus, sets me up for frustration and disappointment. And that’s not helpful to anybody.
So far, I feel like I’m doing a good job and I’m meeting all of my goals (holy happiness!). This is pretty exciting since for a couple of months there, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and unfocused. Here’s to progress! Onward!