It’s the first week of May!
It’s time to reflect back upon the goals I set for April and set my intentions for this new month.
My April goals consisted of:
1. Continued experimenting with waking up at 4am.
2. Writing on my blog once per week.
3. Doing an outside activity with Pookie everyday now that the weather is nice.
4. Two nights a week, spending focused, quality time with Rob for at least 20 minutes. (This probably sounds like not very much, but medical school and parenthood don’t offer many opportunities!)
5. Continuing toward finishing my online singing course that launches in June.
I have to say, that I think I’ve done a great job of sticking to these goals, even if I didn’t nail it all the time.
I met my goal of posting weekly on the blog, and actually have been posting twice a week. I have been walking Pookie to and from school everyday, so that’s getting us outside.
Time with Rob has been a bit scattered. I think this is something we will just have to continue working toward. We have been able to have a couple dinners together, but it’s usually focused on Pookie, who is typically melting down by that point in the evening. We need more us time for sure.
The 4am wakeup has suffered a bit, but is going okay. Last week was rough and I did a lot of sleeping in. So far this week, I’m 2 out of 4 for rising at 4am. It’s with good reason though, because I did some social things in the evenings (always good for your health) and have been working on my e-course a bit later in the evenings than normal.
So my biggest win is that I finished my first e-course and am going to release it!!! Squeee!!! **confetti and streamers!**
The big launch date is May 12th!! That’s next week! Here’s what it looks like:
This is HUGE for me because I created this e-course almost two years ago and it’s been sitting on my hard-drive (I know!!!). The reason I didn’t release it back then was a combination of fear and perfectionism. I needed a little push and I got it from my friend Rachel Rambach at Listen and Learn Music.
She has been so inspiring to me, and has given me so much encouragement. It reminds me of just how important it is to have support when you’re trying to challenge yourself and make your dreams come to life.
So, looking at this new month, I feel that most of my goals will remain the same, with a couple additions:
1. Continue experimenting with waking up at 4am.
2. Write on my blog once per week.
3. Do an outside activity with Pookie everyday now that the weather is nice.
4. Two nights a week, spend focused, quality time with Rob for at least 20 minutes. (This probably sounds like not very much, but medical school and parenthood don’t offer many opportunities!)
5. Bring the e-course to life and do big revisions to my business website.
6. Meditate for 10-minutes each day.
Lofty goals, but I accept the challenge! 😀