- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste (I salt each layer, liberally)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb. of lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons paprika + more if needed (I omit this since I can’t have it, but instead I add Herbs de Provence or Italian Spices)
- 4 cups beef stock
- 8 oz. egg noodles
- (Fresh Spinach – I like more veggies, so I add a lot of fresh spinach right at the end of cooking)
- ½ cup sour cream
- Parsley for garnish (I rarely add this)
- Using a large pot or large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Add in the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until all browned. Stir in the paprika (or other herbs). Add in beef stock and egg noodles. Stir together and cover with lid. Let simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Lower the heat, add in the sour cream and mix until incorporated. Taste and season with more kosher salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with parsley, serve and enjoy!
Photo and Recipe courtesy of HipFoodieMom.